family

Well, hey!

1/19/2019 09:01:00 AM

2015. That's the last time I posted here. It's 2019. That's four years. Whoe.

There are so many reasons why I stopped; but also, why I didn't delete this place on the web. First and foremost I really loved the content I created here. Albeit, four years old, it still gives me warm and fuzzies. I stopped because blogging was getting to be too...monetized. There were too many rules  There were too many rules I wanted to follow. I wanted to be a profitable blogger. I wanted my photography to hold up to the amazing photographers I drooled over. I wanted to have a picture perfect life and share it with everyone. But, somewhere along all of those wants I fell flat and I wasn't actually any of those things. My desire for perfection actually turned into me not sharing ANYTHING.

Now, that's not completely true. Because I have shared a significant amount of my life on instagram. (@jennymcolomb@spilllove) but that too, like blogging, has stopped being fun and feels like more like pressure. Pressure to show off business projects and my perfect family. But, I remember the days when blogging was just my online journal and instagram was my outlet to share life from my perspective, which was often over-exposed filters and grunge overlays.

Now, I'd like to resurrect this blog. For what? For me. To share some projects I've been working on and some thoughts I have been kicking around in my head. Maybe I'll even share how my stress and anxiety has been striping me from some of my joy. Because I really believe I am not alone in my struggle with anxiety. I miss creating just to create. Blog entries, photographs, home projects. I miss sharing in a way that brings me joy and doesn't feel like pressure. Whatever that means, maybe I'll find it again.

Today, I will end this post with our family picture from our Christmas card by Jessica Drum English. Because, besides a few dozen logos, branded projects, websites, and images, I've been collaborating with my husband, David, to create this little family of ours! And that by far and away is my best work!




You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)

STAY IN TOUCH


SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to explore the blog. Your support and friendship mean more to me than you may know. God Bless! xoxo