a little extra bling

9/07/2012 08:43:00 AM




Photo by: Mark Eric Photography
Being on this side of married life feels like a new beginning. Newer than new years, newer then birthdays. It is full of possibility and new exciting adventures. As with all new beginnings, it brings me hope to be a better me. Except the only thing that has really changed at all is a little extra bling on my left hand and my last name is different. I am now Mrs. Jennifer M. Colomb. 

Being married is really one of the purest pleasures in life. Although David and I have always had one of the most honest relationships I’ve ever witnessed it still catches me off guard when I realize how much I love him and how much he loves me back.

We have been overly blessed with kindness as we’ve entered into our union. So many people were there to share our day with us and it seems that even more people have shown their kindness through generosity.

We were sitting on the living room floor earlier this week opening wedding gifts with a glass of wine and a pencil and paper trying to document each gift accurately.  And when we opened our fifth place setting of china and he so willingly opened it to ‘check it for damage’ I just looked at him and smiled. He knows how much I love our china and sometimes I think he is just as excited about having it set up in our house as I am – because he knows it will make me happy. And that in itself makes him happy.

Love is the desire to make a person you love equally as happy as they make you. 

On this side of being married I’m excited about new adventures in my life, both as a couple and as an individual.  I feel that being married gives me a clearer head. A head that is not fogged by planning a wedding or wondering where my relationship is heading. A mind that is able to focus on the things that are in front of me, not the past or an uncomfortable present. It feels good. No, it feels amazing.

In my new life there are a few things that I am very excited about embracing. Here is an incomplete list of those things:

-        Blogging like an actual blogger about the high points in my (and our) life – specifically all the other items in this list.

-        Enhancing my photography both technically and moving forward with it professionally. With that, I will learn how to outsource and delegate to people around me. 

-        Decorating our new home, room by room, and for all important seasons – Saints, LSU, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mardi Gras, Easter…so on a so forth

-         Becoming a confident meal planner and preparer of pretty and healthy foods.

-         Starting a new exercise regimen. Not to be excessively thin, but to feel healthy and have more energy!

I’ll be seeing you. xo

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)

STAY IN TOUCH


SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to explore the blog. Your support and friendship mean more to me than you may know. God Bless! xoxo