Expectations & Gratitude

6/05/2010 09:23:00 AM

It is not news to anyone who often follows any of my Social Networking updates that my life has felt uncontrolled and overwhelming lately. I have been dealing with adjusting to adult, real-life responsibilities and I have not been dealing with it with much ease or grace. I complain, I talk bad about people, and I get stressed out. I bring me down, which in turn pulls others around me down as well.


However, this week felt different.

There are a few contributors that I could blame for this week's accomplishments and I doubt that they will spill over into next week; but the key to all of it is: My Personal Expectations. Ya know, what I expect myself to accomplish on any given day. Why do I have such a hard time pushing myself to do things sometimes? Sometimes the easiest tasks become a bourdon on me because I put them off to the point that I start to dread them because I have to rush to get them done. I don't know why I do that. Why is procrastination such a popular thing? It's really an awful habit.

Another contributor to this week was gratitude. Gratitude is so underrated. This week I heard "Thank you" alot. So much so that I feel as if there was an mass email that went out to the entire company that said, "Everyone tell Jenny how much you appreciate her hard work this week." It was nice to be appreciated. Very nice. It made me really want to work harder and get more done because I felt like the work I was going was actually being noticed and not taken for granted. I need to do a better job of being expressing my gratitude for those around me that help me, because it really does make a difference.


Thanks for reading! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)

STAY IN TOUCH


SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to explore the blog. Your support and friendship mean more to me than you may know. God Bless! xoxo