114

Collecting Memories of our Neighborhood, of our Home.

9/26/2014 04:02:00 PM

Arriving home each evening it getting a little bit darker in the house with every passing day. I turn on the lights so I can see my way to the kitchen and I feel a rush of happiness. We've lived in our house for over two years already, but it's taken a bit of time to collect the memories and pieces that truly make it feel like home. It's finally coming together and it feels like...Success.


One of the truest blessing of this house has been our collection of neighbors. We truly have some of the best. 

Just recently a group of neighbors teamed together to organized the Guste Island First Annual Fall Festival. In the two weeks since its inception, people have volunteers to supply food, commercial grilling equipment, bonce houses, money for horse rides, hay rides, and a collection of games and activities are being orchestrated. It's really pretty amazing how it's all come together and I'm pretty excited to see what will materialize between now and the event on November First. 

I'm also excited to share my small contribution, which was to design the flyer/invitation for the Fall Festival and to launch the neighborhood "Been Booed" activity to help raise awareness about the event.

I was pretty excited to share the design with the event coordinator, Elysha Oriol, who is also a fantastic photographer (check out her work at Posh Photography)! :) Her excitement about this event is really contagious.

The idea of a fall harvest was the inspiration behind the design and overall artwork for the announcement. Considering I spent very little time on the overall concept and design, I'm really very happy with how it came out.

It's officially Fall! Bring on the candy, said the pregnant lady.







You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)

STAY IN TOUCH


SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to explore the blog. Your support and friendship mean more to me than you may know. God Bless! xoxo