beauty

Refining Beauty

3/16/2011 10:04:00 AM

Saturday morning I woke up bad late. I was suppose to meet a girl friend of mine for some wedding planning (MOH duties) at 11 and it was already 10:15...LATE. The plan had been to wash my hair that morning, but that wasn't going to happen with 20 minutes to get ready.

Awhile back a good friend (secret's safe with me!) introduced me to Tresemme's version of dry shampoo. (I've been a avid user ever since.) But this wasn't my first experience with dry shampoo as I'd been a user of baby power and other more expensive brands of the quick fix for most of my professional career (it's so weird to say 'professional career'). With all of this experience behind me, I had never read the 'How to apply' directions before Saturday morning. As I was in such a rush on Saturday AM I quickly glanced over the label to see if I needed to blow dry (which I has ALWAYS done before). Nothing about blow-drying...okay. A ton of the shampoo, a few curls, a little hairspray, out the door.

In the car driving...OH MY GOSH...it looks like I have dandruff...
There were actually flakies in my hair. I put some big sunglasses on my head like a big headband and they didn't come off until I was home again.

The fix? All I did was blow dry the 'dandruff' and it went away. That easy!!

Which brings me to...

Hair tip one:
Even though it's 'dry'shampoo a 30sec-2min quick blow dry will work miracles. It adds some much needed lift and prevents flacks! Additionally, on days when it's worse than normal, I add a little baby powered to the roots on the top of  my head. Shack fingers and brush thru and then add the dry shampoo. Blowdry. Style as usual.

Hair tip two:
Have problem with frizz? What about split-ends? dry tips?
Solution: Find a serum that you love!


I've used Paul Mitchelle's 'Super Skinny Serum." It's a little $$$, but it last forever and works miracles. I'm sure any professional serum would work well. Although, I've had little luck with drug store brands.
One squirt (sorry for saying 'squirt') into the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and then run hands over the ends and tips of your bangs (if you have them). Work up from your tips. Avoid your roots, especially if you have a oilly hair.





Product Rave:

Bare Escentuals Skin Care line.
I use their facewash, lotion & transformation night treatment for the last month.
I can't even tell you how happy I am with my face.
I look younger.
My pours are smaller.
And I haven't had a breakout in a month.











Getting Dressed:


I use to believe that an outfit should have contrasting colors. (see David)
But lately,
I've been loving the same color top & bottom. (or in this case <--, jumper & shirt).
Find a plaid, pockadots or floral piece and pair it with a solid color that pulls out one of the dominate color in the pattern.
I've found this easiest to accomplish with pieces from the same store.

| American Eagle |
Plaid shirt {circa} 2005
Jumper dress {circa} 2008





 
{Transition}
--------------------
I've been really getting to know my camera.  The more I get to know it, the more my computer hates me. I need to invest in an external harddrive, stat.

{Here are a few of my favorites}





XOXO

You Might Also Like

2 comment(s)

  1. Love it. :) I wish I was spening my recent ample time doing stuff like this.. but instead, I am drinking coffee and watching multiple episodes of HGTV and collecting pictures to inspire the decor of our new home.
    ...anyway, fb/text me about his face stuff. Lately my face has not been as clear (probably because I am no longer taking certain pills)... but I am hating my recent facewash, and in need of something to brighten and clear my face.
    Also, thanks for the hair advice, I'll probably need to be using those products and advice when i have to get up around 5:30 AM for my new job.
    And as far as the pictures go: great work! I really love the last one of the tangled beads with the train (correct term?) in the background. It looks like it should be in a magazine!

    Anyway, I am going to go work out and get dressed, eat lunch, and do something productive.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the second-to-last picture!

    and i loved this post. i know that red shirt - i wore it for the tech-lsu game when anna and i came to visit :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete

STAY IN TOUCH


SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to explore the blog. Your support and friendship mean more to me than you may know. God Bless! xoxo