Fat Tuesdays

3/02/2011 01:32:00 PM

Is it Wednesday already? This week is flying by, which is unusual for a ‘short week’, as I am taking off Friday to properly prep for my Mardi Gras weekend. David, my wonderful boyfriend, rides in the infamous Endymion Mardi Gras parade on Saturday night (yes, I’m bragging on him). Mardi Gras puts him in his element {as does football & crawfish boils}, but really, truly he lives for this particular weekend. Emphasis on lives for… and I just absolutely love that about him.




We officially started Carnival on the weekend of Jan. 15 with the Coronation Ball and have more or less been going strong ever since. Last year, there was a exciting interruption with that little game the Saints played in the week before Mardi Gras that hindered my true Mardi Gras involvement – there was a LOT going on last year. This yes, that not being the case, we have thrown ourselves at the discretion of Mardi Gras. I can’t even begin to describe how much I love it.

There was a time when Mardi Gras and I weren’t so friendly, Anna-Claire, of ‘all you need of love’, may remember the grey skies and flat tire of Mardi Gras 2007.



Mardi Gras redeemed itself in 2008.




And then I failed Mardi Gras 2009, as I skipped town to Shreveport.

And then here came 2010 looking all fantasy and accompanied with the Saint and the Super Bowl, and extravaganzas, and ‘being in that number’ and dresses and pictures and a couple of the best nights of my life.

Sean Payton and Lombardi trophy

Endymion Extravaganza with my girls

We literally danced the night away.

Me and David!

And here we are again. Already 3 weeks of carnival activities behind us.





So, it’s one more day of real life before we start our last weekend of 2011 Mardi Gras with Muses on Thursday evening. I just want to catch a shoe, that has potential to be a highlight of the weekend – and that’s really saying something.

     ‘The Krewe of Muses’ vision is to tap into and recognize the local artistic and cultural resources of the     
      community and incorporate them into a Muses Mardi Gras tradition, making the entire community a part
      of the Krewe […] We celebrate their wildness before they were tamed, their citrus after they were
      appointed and their place in the mystique of New Orleans, where each virtue seems to thrive.’
             - Kreweofmuses.org



And we will continue on into the weekend through Tuesday as scheduled. <-- New Orleans parade schedule.
 
And you know what they say...
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)

STAY IN TOUCH


SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to explore the blog. Your support and friendship mean more to me than you may know. God Bless! xoxo