Proud Member of the Who Dat Nation

1/23/2010 05:47:00 PM

...a year ago I would have said this was so unlike me. Today, I can honestly say this is more than something I do, it is part of me. This city, the spirit, the enthusiasm, the music, this season - Carnival season / Saints season. It is what bring New Orleans to life. It brings color to the face of the city, the city of purple, green, BLACK & GOLD. It give me chills.

While grocery shopping today the Second Line came the radio, a woman held her grocery list in the air and danced down the isle. She looked at her daughter saying, "this is mom's favorite song." Another woman was clapping and bouncin' with a big smile on her face. This is New Orleans.  This is part of me, this is my life, and I'll take it.

Last weekend 4 people showed up at my moms with King Cake. I'll take that too.

Since graduation a lot of me has gradually changed. Today, I can say that moving back here was the best decision of my life. I have become part of something bigger than me. It may sound cliche, but the man in my life has introduced me to the person that I have always wanted to me. He's introduced me to all of this. Before I was just a fan of the city. Now, it's much, much more than that. Can you ask for more? I don't think so.

It took me a little while to get over the feeling that I was faking something. I was never faking it, I just needed to embrace it.

Tomorrow I will be in the dome and there is absolutely no place that I would rather be. Bring it on Minnesota, BRING IT. You have no idea what the New Orleans Saints have in store, but welcome to New Orleans b*itches.



With love, passion, and spirit,

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)

STAY IN TOUCH


SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU

Thank you for taking the time to explore the blog. Your support and friendship mean more to me than you may know. God Bless! xoxo